My week.. well 5 days of coding are basically over, so to begin this entry, here is a transcript of my white-board-wiki todo-list as it currently is. These are not in order – on the board the sections are in a sort of circle.
- Logging. it needs some.
- Handlers – fix my crap handler impl (this is an RCP thing).
- Icons – get some decent ones (ATM i am reusing terra icons).
- back / pause buttons, etc.
- support multiple external playback engines.
- extra play order modes.
- read meta data (mainly track length).
- Queries (these will be savable sub-views of libraries).
- Store entry paths relative to source directories? (just an idea, might help with portability)
- save meta data.
- differentiate between saving metadata and saving the list content.
- configure playback engines.
Of course, this does not cover any of the remaining big items on my list such as media repositories, meta data syncing and tagging. The next big thing to do is to take advantage of my newly externalised playback engine interface and write a decent one that makes morrigan actually usable for my every day needs. I have fond some promising leads on using DirectShow in java will probably start with this one. I know it will be windows only, but at least then morrigan will begin to complete with terra for compatibility. This is important – once I can start using morrigan instead of terra, I will have hit a strong mile-stone. And once I am using it with anger, I should be able to start properly hardening the code bade.
If anyone is interested in beta-testing, I should have a decent build to play with in the next couple of days. I can also make the beta source available, if anyone is interested.